Owens and Xley is a business consulting and advisory company. We offer strategic services in the areas of business advisory, business development and planning to small businesses that would otherwise not have access to the technical competencies available to bigger companies.
Business Development Officer
- Job Type: Full Time
- Experience: None
- Location: Lagos
- Job Field: Sales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
Our client, a leading and award winning fashion brand is currently recruiting a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
The Business Development Officer is responsible for increasing sales and profits for the company, finding new business opportunities and strategic business growth. You are responsible for analyzing customer feedback and data to determine how customers are patronizing us and then develop a strategic plan to increase new and return purchases, or discontinue underperforming offerings.
- Create and maintain a proactive relationship with our clients.
- Work proactively to determine and propose our marketing needs.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
- Drive brand awareness online through social media, and offline via daily door to door marketing activities.
- Maintain the customers and seller’s database to drive email marketing initiatives.
- Grow and meet the new names target of the company.
- Meet the monthly sales revenue target of the company.
- Vendor engagement and management.
- Work with the CEO in creating an overall Marketing Strategy for the business; creating presentations as well as writing proposals and customer engagement strategies.
- Responsible for staying informed on activities that are being performed on our accounts
- and ensure ALL important documentation/deliverables align with overall strategy.
- Prepare weekly reports and month-end overviews of our current activities, and monthly revenue forecasts, plus plans for future business development.
- Organize successful pop up shops and, online and offline events to drive sales.
Skills and competencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable with CRM software.
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively.
- Analytical skills to forecast and identify trends and challenges.
- Familiarity with the latest trends, technologies and methodologies in small business strategy, marketing, branding etc.
- Must be self-driven and proactive.
- Organisational and planning skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail
- Effective at managing change in a fast-moving and constantly evolving business.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
Commission on monthly sales revenue
Deadline: July 10, 2020
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.